Re: Octave-gui graphics problems

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave-gui graphics problems
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 08:21:09 -0400

On Jun 13, 2016, at 8:16 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 5:20 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks for clearing things.

1) I have update the bug report (#33118) referring to this thread.
2) I have filed to a bug tracker
   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48213

3) I did not file it because I cannot reproduce the phenomena.

​How long does it take on your computer to do

graphics_backend fltk
plot(randn(30000))
tic;
print t1.pdf
toc

​?​

4) (added) Vic reported fltk crash  I also did not file it because I cannot reproduce the phenomena.
   I do not know that this is a new bug and whether it is related with case 3).

​I do not think it is a "real" crash. it is just the process takes too long (longer than 10 min) and
it gets killed by either Vik or system's watchdog.​

I see crashes (seg-fault) on Mac OS X when using fltk on Mac OS X. It may be related to Apple’s old requirement that the gui thread be the main thread. The fltk thread is the interpreter thread. I do not see crashes when using gnuplot or qt.

Ben