Re: Octave-gui graphics problems

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave-gui graphics problems
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 12:02:29 -0700

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 14:40:51 -0400, Vic Norton wrote:
> OK, Mike. Here are two PNGs from a qt toolkit session.
>    octave-gui-qt-screen.png  (87.2 KB)
>    octave-gui-qt-saved.png  (336 KB)
> I am not attaching the saved PDF
>    octave-gui-qt-saved.pdf  (956 KB)
> It looks just like the saved PNG, but its a lot bigger (in KB).
>
> I’ll try the octave-cli test later.

Thanks. The image saved on your system definitely looks bad to me, and
does not look like what I get. Maybe some kind of memory corruption
while sending the data through gl2ps? Attached is the result of my run
of your script (on Debian, not OS X):

  octave:1> qtbug
  Elapsed time is 0.480514 seconds.
  octave:2> tic; print octave-qt-debian.png; toc
  Elapsed time is 73.4446 seconds.

--
mike