Re: Working on bvp4c

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Working on bvp4c
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 21:51:26 +0200

Den 08-06-2016 kl. 16:22 skrev lakerluke:
As someone with a keen interest in mathematics and software development I am
interested in getting involved with Octave's development. As a starting
place I have been looking into the odepkg. It seems pretty comprehensive
apart from the bvp4c function
(http://octave.sourceforge.net/odepkg/function/bvp4c.html). The examples on
this webpage fail to run and, from previous discussions on this mailing
list, I am under the impression this function needs some work. This seems
like a good starting place for me.

The current specification for bvp4c is:

     bvp4c (odefun, bcfun, solinit).

In MATLAB solinit can be provided by the function:

     solinit = bvpinit(x, yinit, params)

However, in Octave, I am not aware of an analogous bvpinit. Is this
something that should be implemented before further work is done on bvp4c?
I think having a working implementation of bvpinit would be very helpful when moving code from Matlab to Octave.

Søren