Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:53:07 +0530

On Jun 15, 2016 4:20 AM, "Tatsuro MATSUOKA" <address@hidden> wrote:
> How about set CPPFLAGS and environment variables before configure?
>
> CPPFLAGS='-IE:/octave_dev/include/octave-4.1.0+ -IE:/octave_dev/include/octave-4.1.0+/octave' \
> ./configure --with-octave=/e/octave_dev
>

> Tatsuro

Thanks, setting CPPFLAGS added extra flags to compiler and the compilation passed. But, we would probably need a more generic solution.
I tried replacing all '\' by '/' in the variable in the makefile but it didn't work. I've very little experience with makefiles and I got some weird errors about the variable not been defined!!
Although I left that to be dealt later as the compilation is successful now.
.
But the linking step fails now.
It calls grep then sed and then:
It somehow gives a warning that the library file have been moved (which is present in /e/octave_dev/lib/octave/4.1.0+/)
And tries to use it from /usr/lib/octave/4.1.0+!!
But the library files are actually present in the previous directory only and not in /usr/lib

(I can't paste the output now, I'll paste it in the evening if the problem still persists)
.
I'm trying to see where grep/sed are called. Or where is the library being searched in /usr/lib...
Any suggestions?

.
Abhinav