Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 07:55:35 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Abhinav Tripathi
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
>Cc: "Octave-maintainers "mtmiller
>Date: 2016/6/21, Tue 06:04
>Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
>

>I am doing exactly same as Tatsuro said:
>----------------
>Open octave-cli.exe;
>cd e:/boost_1_61_0
>system bash
>export PATH=$PATH:/c/msys64/usr/bin
>./bootstrap
>./b2 install --with-python --prefix=/e/boost_build                #I only need
>libboost-python so --with-python
>-------------------
>But I get the error that pyconfig.h could not be found!
>I have installed both python 2 and 3 into MSYS2.
>Also, I tried setting CCFLAGS and LDFLAGS and even CPPFLAGS. But nothing
>changed.
>.
>I've probably some problem with python installation.
>.
>On other note,
>the error in ./configure in pytave has nothing to do with boost.. It is just
>showing that it cannot link with octave!
>Any suggestions for that?
>.
>Abhinav

I have installed python 2.7 for windows using msi installer downloaded from
python official web site.
(Default install directory C:\Python27)
I remember that I observed that there are some access to the directory under
C:\Python27 in building boost.
Perhaps this is related to my success to build boost on windows.

Tatsuro