Re: Request for Comments: Release 4.2

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Request for Comments: Release 4.2
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 08:43:43 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Rik
> To: Octave-Maintainers
> Cc: John W. Eaton  Mike Miller
> Date: 2016/6/25, Sat 05:32
> Subject: Request for Comments: Release 4.2
>
> All,
>
> The Octave maintainers are considering a 4.2 release this fall in order to
> coincide with the Debian 9 release.
>
> To be included Octave would need to be ready for packaging by October
> 15th.  This suggests starting with a release candidate on September 1st.
>
> Given that there are still 2 months of development time, what should the
> priority projects be this summer?
>
> Not that I know how to resolve it, but I would put Ctrl+C handling near the
> top as well as any bugs in the build system.
>
> Cheers,
> Rik

Files and directories with non-ASCII characters not handled correctly on Windows

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=42036

The above is long lived bug and
  *very very annoying*
for windows user on
  *non-English regions.*

To overcome this we have to use win32 api file io supporting unicode.
However, implementation is not straight forward with keeping code compatibility.

Tatsuro