Re: Request for Comments: Release 4.2

From: LachlanA
Subject: Re: Request for Comments: Release 4.2
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 05:08:01 -0700 (PDT)

Rik-4 wrote
> Given that there are still 2 months of development time, what should the
> priority projects be this summer?
>
> Not that I know how to resolve it, but I would put Ctrl+C handling near
> the
> top as well as any bugs in the build system.

I think that triaging all bugs that crash or hang Octave should also a
priority.  Some may be decided to be corner cases, but we shouldn't just
overlook any.

Regarding bugs in the build system, what is "desired" behaviour?  I'm used
to makefiles in which all generated files are targets; that is, any
generated file can be deleted and then remade by "make <name>".  Many files
in Octave don't work that way, as has been discussed on the list.  Are these
bugs?

Also, I think that there are many bugs that are not big enough to be
"projects" but that should still be considered "blockers".  None come to
mind at the moment, but I often think that when I read a bug report.
Perhaps identifying these bugs could be a project in itself.

Cheers,
Lachlan