Re: Method to clean up MXE directory?

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Method to clean up MXE directory?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

Rik-4 wrote

> <snip>
>  The problem is that these
> files are no longer part of Octave, but are leftover in the MXE build
> directory.  I could do 'make clean', but then it will take about 6 hours
> rebuild everything including the Qt libraries, gcc, etc.
>
> Does anyone know how to clear the files associated with a specific target?
> Or do you just have to go in to the directories underneath the MXE build
> directory and start removing files?

You'll have to clean up yourself manually. But:

Actually it is the same as Octave's own "make uninstall". The problem is
that mxe-octave wipes the tmp-octave build dir (unless you "keep" it using a
dedicated "keep" option).

Warning: I never tried the below:
If I'm not mistaken, by (in Linux) adding the PATH to the cross-build tools
and going into the tmp-octave/octave-<version> subdir, you should be able to
simply run "make uninstall".
(JWE described a similar procedure (to restart a failed build after patching
offending files) in a bug report some months back.)

The manual way:
----------------------
Files/subdires to delete, starting from mxe-octave's dir

usr/i686-w64-mingw32/  (32-bit builds)
-or-
usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/  (all 64-bit builds)

bin/liboct*
bin/mkoct*
bin/octave*
lib/octave/<version>
lib64/octave/<version>   (only for 64-bit builds; I think this is a symlink
to lib/)
libexec/octave/<version>
share/octave/<version>

plus in mxe-octave itself: