Re: Release 4.2 Kickoff

From: LachlanA
Subject: Re: Release 4.2 Kickoff
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 00:01:46 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote
> What about just tagging them as blockers in the bug tracker instead of
> duplicating info in the wiki?
>
> It's fairly easy to display only blocking bugs in the tracker by
> choosing to browse using the advanced query form and then choosing
> blocker from the severity list.

John, what you suggest is good if a single person is doing all of the
triage.

For the initial triage, Rik was suggesting listing, for example, *all* bugs
from Configuration and Build System.  If we mark them all as "Blocker", we
overwrite the severity field.  If we triage them down, then someone else may
see "this was from Configuration and Build, so it should be marked as
Blocker", and that could repeat ad nauseum.

However, you have done this many times, so I suppose you'd know if the above
is likely or not.

At one point, I had dreams of writing a more fine grained bug tracker
(scraping from -- and perhaps writing to -- the Savannah one), but that
never eventuated.

Cheers,
Lachlan