Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 20:08:03 +0530

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:43 AM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
The MatrixType constructor and destructor should be defined in
liboctave, which is on the displayed command-line above.

I've lost track of whether octave_dev was built with --enable-windows-64
or not, and I don't know what the lib32 directory is. I also don't know
how .dll.a and .dll libraries interact on Windows.

Can you try copying that test program and building it in some temporary
directory with

  /e/octave_dev/bin/mkoctfile --link-stand-alone --verbose foo.cc

?

--
mike

I tried it but got the error that  <octave/oct.h> was not found... I saw that include directories were absolute paths pointing to tatsuro's directories. So I passed -I and -L flags and:
1-- If I pass the e:/octave_dev/lib path or e:/octave_dev/lib64 then I am getting-
    e:/octave_dev/lib64/libmingw32.a: error adding symbols: File format not recognized
2 -- If I pass e:/octave_dev/lib32 path then I get the undefined reference to MatrixType()
.
I am also passing -Le:/octave_dev/lib/octave/4.1.0+ along with the above
.
Abhinav