Re: doc problem

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: doc problem
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 15:38:26 -0500

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 08:39:51 -0500, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 6:33 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > In a few places in the Octve manual the prompt symbol
> > (\Rightarrow) somehow got replaced by what appears to be
> > a \dashv symbol.
> > (Attached screen shot of p 166 of octave.pdf from a recent
> > dev snapshot).
> >

> Looking at the octave.texi file it appears to me that tag @print{} is
> wrongly used instead of @result{}.

Can you identify all of the places that you think this is used wrongly?

The Texinfo manual suggests using @print{} for code that produces
output, as opposed to an _expression_ or function call that returns a
value. The example you showed seems right to me.

​I guess the difference is too fine for me, but also I now see it explained in 1.3.3.
​Sorry for the noise.​

--
mike

​Dmitri.