Re: Release 4.2 Kickoff

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Release 4.2 Kickoff
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:00:36 -0700

On 06/30/2016 12:52 AM, c. wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2016, at 18:13, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> 6/27/16
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I've created the 4.2 release checklist to organize our activities
>> (http://wiki.octave.org/4.2.0_Release_Checklist).  The corresponding bug
>> list is http://wiki.octave.org/Bug_Fix_List_-_4.2_Release.
> Hi,
>
> Does the beginning of this process mean we are in feature-freeze already?
>
> There are a few patches that I'd like to push that are not properly bug-fixes,
>
> for example:
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8979
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41215
>
> and bug fixes with severity marked less than 3 that I think it would make
> sense
> to push, e.g.:
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48289
>
> Must those wait until after the release?
Carlo,

No, go ahead and push any patches you want.  We are currently working on
tasks 2 and 3 of the checklist:

2) Review patch tracker/bug list for any patches submitted that may be
included before release
3) Identify Bugs which *must* be fixed prior to release

Now is the time to destabilize the code base by committing any outstanding
patches.  When we finish task 2 in a week and a half then we will still
have six weeks or more to uncover any bugs that have crept in to the code
along with the patches.

--Rik