Re: 4.2 Release Procedures

From: Rik
Subject: Re: 4.2 Release Procedures
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 10:20:18 -0700

On 07/01/2016 09:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Subject:
Have I hijacked the 4.2.0 bugs list?
From:
LachlanA <address@hidden>
Date:
07/01/2016 03:02 AM
To:
address@hidden
7bit
Message:
2

Greetings team,

I notice that most of the activity at
http://wiki.octave.org/Bug_Fix_List_-_4.2_Release is from me.  If I have
hijacked the process, feel free to delete it all and start again.

If I'm not interfering, there's no need to reply; I'll happily keep looking
through the submitted patches.

No, keep plowing ahead.  I believe we'll use a mixture of methods for this release.  I think all Build, Crashes, and Regressions should have their severity increased to 4 on the Bug tracker.  Individual bugs can then be dialed back to level 3 if they have been reviewed, with a comment to that effect added to the bug report.

I just checked off one of the bugs on the Bug Fix List.  I do like the visual satisfaction of seeing the long list dwindle.

--Rik