Re: Socis 16 - Problem with pcg

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Socis 16 - Problem with pcg
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 08:05:16 -0400

On Jul 3, 2016 6:29 AM, "Cris" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> working on my Socis16 project, i had some problems with pcg when I test it with complex matrices.
> In the last post on my blog, that you can find here
> http://socis16octave-improveiterativemethods.blogspot.it/2016/07/pcg-analysis.html
> I explained all the details.
>
> Please give me some feedback / advices / suggestion or ask me if there is something not clear.
>
> Best regards,
> Cristiano Dorigo.

Curious, that complex comparison behavior is numerically consistent, right? I.e., is it how we expect other numerical systems, including but not limited to MATLAB,  to handle a complex comparison query? My initial guess is yes, as I would consider a complex number a vector, and a simple comparison operator to deal with vector magnitude. So anything would look greater than zero. Are there other standard functions/methods for other ways of considering it?