Release 4.2.0 next steps

From: LachlanA
Subject: Release 4.2.0 next steps
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 18:40:49 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings all,

Almost all of the bugs in Savannah that fit into one of the categories Rik
mentioned have now been tentatively triaged.  It would be great if someone
gave a second opinion.

I haven't yet looked at the non-bug patches.  Are there guidelines for
pruning, or should I just go through all 150 of them?

Is it time for people to start claiming bugs?

Also, there are a lot of us who can write and review patches but not commit
them.  What is the best way for us to help?  I see several options.
1. We can be paired up so that we review each other's work before it gets
the final pre-commit review.
2. Each person with commit rights can be paired with someone without, to
spread the load further than just Rik and Mike pushing our patches.

Thanks,
Lachlan