Re: 1D PDE solver for Octave

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: 1D PDE solver for Octave
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 15:02:36 +0000

On 5 Jul 2016, at 15:34, Bill Greene <address@hidden> wrote:

> but "demo pde1d" does not work for me.

I haven't tried it for pde1d.m because I was not able to build pde1d yet
but it works for any mex file I tried:

- let function "fun" be defined in file "fun.mex"
- let file "fun.m" contain a docstring and a demo block
- let both be in the path

typing "help fun" displays the docstring from "fun.m"
typing "demo fun" runs the demo from "fun.m"

> I looked around for documentation or an example of how to create
> a demo for a so-called "builtin" function but could not find one-- e.g.

pde1d is not a builtin function, it is a MEX file, so I don't think
this is relevant for the case at hand.

Anyway, if you have a builtin function defined in a C++ file named
"pippo.cc" and "pippo.cc" is in your path, typing

 demo pippo

or

 demo pippo.cc

will  run the demo blocks inside "pippo.cc"

You can try this with the attached file.

> I see that "demo lsode" doesn't do anything useful.

that's because maybe lsode has no demos?

c.