Re: Update www.octave.org with 4.0.3 release?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Update www.octave.org with 4.0.3 release?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 18:42:29 -0400

On 07/05/2016 05:16 PM, siko1056 wrote:
If jwe agrees, I can do the necessary changes on the website. These include
as far as I see:

1. Announcement on the first page v. 4.0.3 from 2 July 2016, news.html,
community-news.in
2. A page for the bugs fixed, like in th 4.0.1 announcement
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/bug-fixes-4-0-1.html
3. Update the documentation
3.1. HTML to https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/v4.0.3
3.2. PDF to https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/octave-4 0.3.pdf
4. Update .htaccess to link octave.pdf and
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/ to the latest
documentation

Yes, please go ahead with these changes, following the format and style of the previous releases.

Here it would be interesting to know how to treat 4.0.2. Should I also
announce it posthumously, performing all the aforementioned steps?

I'm leaning toward not announcing it.

And is there a need for fixes-4-0-1.html and bug-fixes-4-0-1.html, having
identical content? The latter one is used. Should this pattern be preserved?

It looks like fixes-VER.html is used everywhere except for the community news page. I think we should just stick with fixes-VER.html and use that consistently.

Thanks,