Suggestion on priorities for improving pytave

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Suggestion on priorities for improving pytave
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 02:31:18 +0530

Hi,
I have tried many more things but still am stuck at the point where Tatsuro was stuck on the building pytave on windows front (or probably I couldn't even reach that point).
.
So, I have thought to start on some other improvements to pytave.
I wanted to know your thoughts on priority/acceptance of any of the following changes:
.
1- remove ALL the numpy stuff from octave_to_python.cc in order to store everything directly into corresponding python types. Might take some time to complete but should be straight forward.
2 - add a new 'pystore.{h,  cc}' to allow users to store a variable into python directly. In many cases we have to either make a proxy function and use pycall to store values in a list by calling that proxy function. This new function would really help.
3 -  extend pycall.cc to support arbitrary number of parameters by storing all the prameters in a python array (pystore could come in handy here), say '_tmp_args_array' and then use something like pyeval("function_to_call(*_tmp_args_array)")
The same capability can be used in @pyobject class to call functions with arbitrary number of arguments.
4 -  Start getting rid of all the boost stuff from all the files. This might take much time and can probably prove a little dificult at places. But since Mike said he wanted pytave to be not dependent on boost, it can be a place to start.
.
If you have any other tasks for improving pytave/octsympy that should be prioritized then pls feel free to add them.
Also I mentioned the above tasks in decreasing order of priority (as per me).
If you wish, remove and/or change the order of tasks.
.
Regards,
Abhinav