Re: Suggestion on priorities for improving pytave

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: Suggestion on priorities for improving pytave
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 14:59:02 -0700

On 06/07/16 14:01, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
1- remove ALL the numpy stuff from octave_to_python.cc in order to store
everything directly into corresponding python types. Might take some
time to complete but should be straight forward.

I don't think we want to drop numpy. I think the numpy dependency is the right thing for 2D/3D/nD arrays. But I also think scalars should perhaps not be wrapped in numpy. I think we have a bitbucket issue about this?

The other priorities sound fine to me. I agree de-boosting could be time-consuming.

I'll follow-up about Symbolic priorities later...

Colin