Re: Octave build in Windows 10

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave build in Windows 10
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:56:00 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 11:59 AM, Sasitha Iresh
> wrote:
>>  Greeting all,
>>
>>  I'm trying to build octave on windows(already done in ubuntu 14.04)
>>  but i can't get it done. I tried using code blocks and Microsoft
>>  Visual Studio.
>>
>>  Can you help with it.
>>
>>  --
>>  Best Regards,
>>  Sasitha Iresh

> From: Sasitha Iresh
> To: octave-maintainers
> Date: 2016/7/7, Thu 10:23
> Subject: Re: Octave build in Windows 10
>
> I'm trying to use windows for development of open source projects.
> From all of your reply's i will use Linux for my developments.
> Thank you for all of your reply's.

For final binary build, I use mxe-octave on Ubuntu 14.04.
But I also use windows native build using octave binary + msys2 as already I
wrote.

Octave can be built on windows using octave binary itself with help from the
msys2
See
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-build-on-windows-using-octave-binary-itself-td4676652.html

The merits is written in the above archive.

Tatsuro