Re: problem with docs (Was: make check?)

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: problem with docs (Was: make check?)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 16:35:07 -0700

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 01:22:32 +0000, Ben Abbott wrote:
> I had been building in the source tree for several years. Mainly
> because I was unable to successfully build otherwise. Then a couple of
> months ago, I tried to build in a parallel directory and was
> successful. It occurred to me that I should try building in the source
> tree again, and I found success.

Do you mean that going back to building in-tree resolved the build
problem you were having? But you are now unable to build out-of-tree?

> If anyone has a clue why, please illuminate me.

Why you are only able to build in-tree? I don't know.

I assume by parallel you mean a sibling directory at the same level as
the octave source, is that right? Have you also tried building in a
subdirectory of the source? That's the only way I build. Both should
work equally well.

--
mike