Re: GSL in octave

From: Susi Lehtola
Subject: Re: GSL in octave
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 01:39:08 -0700

On 07/11/2016 03:23 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 11/07/2016 12:10, julian wrote:
I didn't realize that I have specials functions that are not in octave,
such as hypergeometric functions
hyperg_0F1  hyperg_1F1  hyperg_U
so I can express the Laguerre polynomials in terms of these functions.
Anyway, GSL does have Laguerre polynomials
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Laguerre-Functions.html#Laguerre-Functions>,

so why there aren't in octave?

someone need to volunteer time to do it.

Please note that the gsl package is currently without an
active maintainer.

Well, I'm maintaining the octave-gsl package in Fedora, so I might as well maintain it upstream as well... What steps would I need to take to get svn access?
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor