Re: About the "pre-built installers" on the OF website

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: About the "pre-built installers" on the OF website
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 02:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

Julien Bect-2 wrote
> For clarity,

What exactly do you mean with "clarity" ?

Trying to fill it in for you, apologies if it is beside the point:
"octave-forge is all about add-on packages for Octave, not about core Octave
itself"

I can follow so far, BUT at least the Windows installers include (prebuilt)
OF-packages. There it gets a little hazy.

As for me, I am not so annoyed by mentioning pre-built Octave installers
somewhere on the OF main page. That Linux is missing there could be more of
a point.

If the links to the installers are to be retained it could be positioned
more downward or at the bottom, and then I like to see some mention that all
major Linux distros feature prebuilt core Octave packages and prebuilt OF
packages.
Maybe even mention that it can be handier to use the distro-supplied
packages rather than install OF packages outside your distro's package
manager? (I don't care for my own systems but for many people, package
managers are a real help)

$0.02
Philip