Re: About the "pre-built installers" on the OF website

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: About the "pre-built installers" on the OF website
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 16:51:56 +0200

Le 15/07/2016 à 16:50, Julien Bect a écrit :
Le 15/07/2016 à 13:08, Julien Bect a écrit :
We should keep the links somewhere although I agree that the text could be improved.

This is exactly what I propose : simply keep a link to the Octave "Download" page, where all this information *already* is (Windows installer, link to Mac OS instructions, etc.).

Something like (the formulation can be improved):

Please refer to "Download GNU Octave" for information about how to install GNU Octave on your OS.

Please find attached a patch for index.html which replaces the direct links to "pre-built installers" by a link to the "Download GNU Octave" page.

I have also tried to clarify a little bit the content of this page by adding a few titles.  (By the way, these h1 headings are a little too large for my taste, but this should be fixed by improving the style sheet, not by using h2 or h3 instead...)

Here is a quick preview of the content : https://justpaste.it/wat5 (without the octave-forge.css, which is not really worse, actually... ;-))

Push it if you like it !

@++
Julien