Re: GSL in octave

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: GSL in octave
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 08:00:44 +0200

Le 17/07/2016 à 21:16, Susi Lehtola a écrit :
This Makefile is essentially the one written by Carnë and Oliver for
other packages, to which I made some minor changes (which, I hope, are
correct, but I am no Makefile expert).  The first change adds a
src/configure target.  The second one enforces a lowercase package name
in tarball filenames; apparently Octave refuses to install GSL-1.2.0.tar.gz.

Thanks!

I created a new test tarball at
https://jussilehtola.fedorapeople.org/gsl-1.2.0.tar.gz

Hi Susi,

As Marco and Tatsuro already told you, this tarball is wrong because the configure file is missing.

I have provided a Makefile that handles the packaging process, please use it.  You juste have to do "make dist" and the tarball will be ready in the target subdirectory.  Unless something is wrong with the Makefile, bootstrap should be run automatically and therefore you should have configure in the src directory.

You have mentioned "pkg build" somewhere else.  You don't have to use pkg build when distributing source packages for testing.  The packages distributed through the OF release system, available by "pkg install -forge", are also source packages.  In my understanding, pkg build is used mostly by downstream packagers to produce binary packages.

@++
Julien