Re: support for url transfers was disabled when Octave was built

From: syedk01
Subject: Re: support for url transfers was disabled when Octave was built
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:17:42 -0700 (PDT)

I am using the latest version 3.8.2 but we cannot download any software from packages from forge - Because  support fir url transfers was disabled

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016, Sebastian Schöps [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:
syedk01 wrote
I think i downloaded it from GNU/octave site. Am running ubuntu 12.04
I am running down rev version because certain libraries and packages are
not supported in the latest versions. This bug was reported and a fix put
out 2 years ago.
We do not offer binaries, so you probably have compiled it by yourself. If you want to continue to use the old 3.8 branch, then the latest release is 3.8.2. You can get the sources from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave and compile it by yourself. It contains all "fixes".

However, I suggest that you switch to a recent version of octave (>=4.0.2), e.g. via Ubuntu's package manager. Details are described here (in particular for 12.04):

https://launchpad.net/~octave/+archive/ubuntu/stable

Sorry, I cannot give you more support than that.

Sebastian

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/support-for-url-transfers-was-disabled-when-Octave-was-built-tp4678689p4678703.html
To unsubscribe from support for url transfers was disabled when Octave was built, click here.
NAML

--
Syed Khalid