Re: support for url transfers was disabled when Octave was built

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: support for url transfers was disabled when Octave was built
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:16:34 -0700

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 12:17:42 -0700, syedk01 wrote:
> I am using the latest version 3.8.2 but we cannot download any software
> from packages from forge - Because  support fir url transfers was disabled

You are not using the latest version. Your first message showed that you
are running 3.8.2-rc2, which is a release candidate and not an official
release.

But whether you update or not, you compiled Octave yourself from source
and did not have certain development libraries installed, so some
features are disabled. If you want to build Octave from source, please
read the file INSTALL.OCTAVE included with Octave for information about
all of the dependencies. The cURL library is mentioned in there for the
functions that you are missing.

--
mike