Re: GSL in octave

From: Susi Lehtola
Subject: Re: GSL in octave
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 00:36:27 -0700

On 07/21/2016 12:08 AM, Julien Bect wrote:
I think we have a misunderstanding about what "broadcast" means.

Even if you have a function with four arguments, broadcasting (as I
understand it) doesn't mean that you will end up with a 4-dimensional
(or 8-dimensional ???) array.

You'd get a 4-dimensional tensor if your definition was to use a direct tensor product, i.e. every dimension in the input arguments constitutes a dimension of the output.

The templates should be pretty straightforward to modify for broadcasting. What you'd need to do is first figure out the common dimensions, then pad everything to the common dimensions, and just change the calculation and return sections. This only needs to be done in a single place, namely, the generate_template.sh script.
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor