Re: commit

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: commit
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:42:56 -0700

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 15:56:08 +0200, Ernst Reissner wrote:
> On 07/21/2016 03:54 PM, Ernst Reissner wrote:
> > I just did
> >
> > 'hg commit filename'.
> >
> > I would have expected to see something when I do
> >
> > 'hg log filename',
> >
> > but there is nothing to be seen...
> >
> > hm..
> >
> > It worked fine with ov-jva.cc, but neither with .txi nor with .java
> > files nor with .m files
> >
> > as methods.m and fieldnames.m

Yes, assuming filename is modified, if you `hg commit filename` and save
the commit message, then `hg log filename` should show the change just
committed.

Does the working copy of the file still contain your changes?

If the working copy has your changes but they are not in the log, maybe
you forgot to commit or aborted your editor when prompted for a commit
message?

If you committed the file some time ago or thought you did, and the file
no longer contains the changes you made and the log has no reference to
them, then maybe you were in a different working directory?

--
mike