Re: GSL in octave

From: Susi Lehtola
Subject: Re: GSL in octave
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 23:48:26 -0700

On 07/25/2016 11:21 PM, Julien Bect wrote:
Now that the problem has been located, a few thoughts:

* I think both functions must be provided if possible
(legendre_sphPlm_array is deprecated, but still available).

* This issue will be more elegantly dealt with while integrating your
patch named "Add in a bunch of array functions".  I see that you have
introduced templates for _array functions, why not deal with
legendre_sphPlm_array / legendre_array in a similar way ?

I guess legendre_sphPlm_array could be handled using the array templates. IIRC deprecated functions like legendre_sphPlm_array aren't available in the GSL library unless it has been compiled with the necessary flags.. which is why I needed to write a patch in Fedora that I imported very first thing.

Handling legendre_array by templates isn't as straightforward, because the API uses function specific enum's, so one would need to make up new templates for that function.
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor