build liboctinterp.so without linking to libGL.so

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: build liboctinterp.so without linking to libGL.so
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 15:22:37 +0200

Hi all,
is it possible to create a version of liboctinterp.so which doesn't link
libGL.so? Or is it possible to remove the references to libGL.so after
compilation? I tried this with "objcopy -N" but wasn't successful yet.

I ask because it should be possible to create a external helper tool
which loads a figure with hgload and then renders this using osmesa to a
bitmap format or uses gl2ps to create vector formats. This should avoid
the problem with proprietary drivers which aren't build on top of MESA
(for example NVIDIA proprietary drivers).

Thanks, Andy