Re: Contribution: pathfinding routines in directed graphs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Contribution: pathfinding routines in directed graphs
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:07:08 -0400

On 07/28/2016 09:27 AM, Nicolas Jares wrote:

I've already posted the code on github, but with no license. It is
enough or should I explicitly state that it is under a free software
licence?

You should definitely include a license and copyright statement with code you publish. If you intend to contribute to Octave, whatever license you choose must be compatible with the GPL.

It's also important that the code you write is your own, that you are allowed to release it under terms that are compatible with the GPL, and that you haven't been reading any .m files that are part of Matlab.