Re: GSL in octave

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: GSL in octave
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 10:37:18 +0200

Le 29/07/2016 à 21:44, Susi Lehtola a écrit :
On 07/27/2016 10:20 PM, Julien Bect wrote:
Le 28/07/2016 à 07:09, Susi Lehtola a écrit :
I have replaced the handcoded Legendre array routines with versions
that use the script generated templates. The newest version is
available in my fork on sourceforge, and at

https://jussilehtola.fedorapeople.org/gsl-1.1.0.tar.gz

as a tarball.

Hi Susi,

I don't see any new commit on your repo, perhaps have you forgottent to
push?

Yes, sorry about that.

Ok, thanks, I have merged your latest changesets.

Now all the sf functions (simple and "array") are included through the template mechanism, and are properly checked at configure. This is really much cleaner. By the way, the list of new functions in NEWS should now be updated.

The list of functions in INDEX is also out-dated. But, instead of manually updating it, perhaps could we generate it automatically during the bootstrap?

I took the liberty of indicating a GPLv2+ licence on both generate_*template.sh files (which is the licence applied globally to the gsl OF package itself). I believe you are the only author of those two files, please correct me if I'm wrong. If you want to indicate a more permissive licence, you just have to say so. But the package, globally, will still be in GPLv2+.

I will be unavailable for almost one month, starting on Monday. Thanks to you, the package is now in a much better shape than it was a few weeks ago, but I don't think it is ready for a release yet. I will try to send a list of the things I think need to be addresses before I leave.

@++
Julien