Re: make doxygen on java

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: make doxygen on java
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 16:36:34 +0100

On 3 August 2016 at 21:26, Ernst Reissner <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/03/2016 08:55 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:

>>> Thank you Carne,
>>> I just documented java-sources in scripts/java/org/octave/
>>> But no output reached html....
>>>
>>> Sth to be added to the makefiles???
>>>
>> I didn't realize you were trying to write docs for that.  I thought you
>> were documenting ov-java.  The java classes in org.octave are not really
>> exposed anywhere so I'm not sure it makes sense to have them on the public
>> doxygen docs.
>>
>> Actually, why do we even have those classes?  Can't we use the JNI and
>> have everything in C++ in ov-java.cc?
>>
> I think, ov-java is merely a wrapper around the java classes.
>
> I would say, these are the core.
>
> I think the lot of reflection is difficult to reimplement in c++ and
> also, this makes no sense.
>
> I would appreciate to have these classes documented.
>
> We have c++ documented, also m-files, why not java?

As long as it's clear that java code is not meant to be used outside of
Octave, it's fine.  We also don't publicly document private m files.
There's documentation for them, but it's not side by side with the help
text for the m files implementing public functions.  But I guess doxygen
docs are different so go for it.

Carnë