Re: Deprecated LAPACK routines (GSVD)

From: Francesco Faccio
Subject: Re: Deprecated LAPACK routines (GSVD)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 20:13:14 +0000

Nir wrote:

<< is there a way of testing which LAPACK function is available in a given instance?

Hi Nir,

I think you can test it in configuration time. In file configure.ac, after the check for LAPACK and BLAS library you can write something like:

save_LIBS="$LIBS"
LIBS="$OTHER_LIBS $LIBS"
AC_CHECK_FUNC([ggsvd3], AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LAPACK_WITH_GGSVD3, 1, [Define to 1 if you have LAPACK with ggsvd3]), AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LAPACK_WITH_NO_GGSVD3, 1, [Define to 1 if you don't have LAPACK with ggsvd3])
  )
LIBS="$save_LIBS"

where OTHER_LIBS are LIBS flags of libraries LAPACK and BLAS.

You can try to use this and after configuration try to look in config.log to see if variable HAVE_LAPACK_WITH_GGSVD3 or HAVE_LAPACK_WITH_NO_GGSVD3 is set. Then in your main file you can use this variables to choose the right function to call.

Probably there is a more elegant way to test that, but I hope to help.

Francesco