build issues with gcc 4.8

From: Muthu A
Subject: build issues with gcc 4.8
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 18:20:37 -0700

Hello Octave maintainers, JWE,

I found some issues during building Octave (HG tip) using GCC 4.8; the compiler failed with RAM of 512 MB, and complained about a few issues of constructor/function argument shadowing member functions. To configure the build I followed the recommended bootstrap, configure and make instructions without any special flags.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong ? Fixing these I was able to make the build successful. My patch follows in post-script. Would there be general interest to accept these changes ?

Sincerely,
-Muthu