Re: Compile the parallel package using clang

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Compile the parallel package using clang
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 22:20:08 +0200

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 07:44:06PM +0200, Sebastian wrote:
> On 2016-08-09, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Testing for call-stack.h is probably a better idea: it fails as
> >> expected on 4.0.3 but succeeds on 4.1.0+.
> >
> > Configure sees interpreter.h, but mkoctfile doesn't; and the issue
> > doesn't occur with call-stack.h? I see no obvious logic in
> > this. Better we try to track down the reason for the issue.  > I
> > am not an autoconf expert, however could there be another
> > interpreter.h? (llvm has an interpreter.h) You check for
> > existence, right?

Yes, you are right, that is probably the reason. (And the output you
attached looks ok so far.) octave-config returns an OCTINCLUDEDIR
which contains the final .../octave, and I had used this raw, calling
for this kind of trouble. I have now stripped the final /octave with
sed and tested for octave/interpreter.h (instead of interpreter.h),
which should solve the issue. But I've run into some mysterious bug in
my configure.ac code which I couldn't resolve up to now, so
unfortunately I can't send you a new configure.ac for testing as
yet. And I probably won't have time for this later today and in the
next few days ... sorry ... But I'll come back to it and fix it.

Olaf