Re: Hint required: double conversion

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Hint required: double conversion
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 21:05:49 -0400

On 08/12/2016 10:56 AM, Ernst Reissner wrote:
Hi all,

I want to provide a function double(x) for the class octave_java.

It is fairly clear to me what the body of the function to be implemented
looks like,

but I cannot find out, which methods to be implemented

and how to register the convertsion function.

Can anyone give me a hint of the framework.

I would like to fill in the gaps.

The way conversions are handled now is not very good. I'm looking at fixing it so that it will be simpler to provide conversions to double, single, and all the integer types. If what I have planned will actually work, then it will only require defining additional methods in the octave_java class to perform the conversion.