Re: Reformatting graphics demos

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Reformatting graphics demos
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:54:04 -0400

> On Aug 15, 2016, at 7:21 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I just noticed this change:
>
> o  changeset:   22566:1c4cd12987f5
> |  user:        Rik <address@hidden>
> |  date:        Mon Aug 15 15:15:30 2016 -0700
> |  summary:     Use Octave syntax in graphics demos.
>
> I prefer Octave syntax as well, but I thought we used Matlab-compatible
> syntax for those demos so it would be possible to run them in Matlab and
> easily compare the appearance of plots.  Is that no longer a goal? Sorry if I
> missed a discussion about this.
>
> jwe

I also thought the agreement was to use Matlab syntax for graphics demos.  For
example, from 3 weeks ago ;-)

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/283d8dfcad37

# HG changeset patch
# User Rik <address@hidden>
# Date 1469030091 25200
# Node ID 283d8dfcad373b2c11e2aa76e66a58b4a17a3dbc
# Parent  c4901d7a2d7dcdc0a2d057748f603f06ce62731d
Make demos Matlab compatible for comparison with dump_demos script.

However, the above changeset isn’t consistent with applying Matlab syntax.
Example, the demos often use double-quotes, which Matlab doesn’t support.

Ben