new gsvd function incompatible w/Matlab

From: Rik
Subject: new gsvd function incompatible w/Matlab
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 08:28:25 -0700

All,

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the new gsvd function
doesn't calculate the same values as Matlab.  This is a shame, because no
one with existing Matlab gsvd code will switch to Octave unless it is clear
that they can get the same results.  I filed a bug report about it here
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?48807).

If we are lucky, it is simply a matter of recombining the outputs in a
different format, but I am not a linear algebra expert so I haven't tried.

--Rik