Re: new gsvd function incompatible w/Matlab

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: new gsvd function incompatible w/Matlab
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 17:41:28 +0100

On 17 August 2016 at 17:05, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> What is important is that the function is consistent.

No it is not.  If the function is Matlab incompatible, it will eventually
be fixed for that.  Then we will have issues of backwards incompatibility.

Even if it never gets fixed, it's just plain confusing to have a function
with the same as Matlab that is incompatible, specially when the differences
are subtle.

> [...]
>>> test gsvd
>
> ????? gsvd is a built-in function
>
> [Built-in functions don't have tests?]

Not after installing since the source with the tests is no longer available.