Re: function files (was: why is octave such a crap?)

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: function files (was: why is octave such a crap?)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:06:28 -0400

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 2:01 PM, PhilipNienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
Mike Miller-4 wrote
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 14:50:30 +0000, Frank Zack wrote:

Matlab r2016b prerelease (the version I have at hand here) does accept
function names that are different than the .m file name.
Matlab informs the user of this at file saving time rather than error'ing
out at execution time.

last I checked, Octave did the same thing.  Notice that the function name message is a warning, not an error. I've renamed functions and forgotten to change the filename, and it just pops up a warning. I'm not actually sure why it errors on the x definition here, unless that behavior is new.