Re: BLAS Level 1 operations in Octave

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: Re: BLAS Level 1 operations in Octave
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 09:43:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 08/25/2016 09:27 AM, Marco Caliari wrote:

Since "it might be a worthy goal, after the 4.2 release, to look at
improving Octave's performance", is this a possible topic to be
investigated?

Yes.

jwe

Thanks. Of course, I can't introduce such a big change into Octave myself. But, I will help you as much as I can. For instance, with the help of the attached simple fortran file, I discovered that ATLAS daxpy is *not* multithreaded, while OpenBLAS is. The daxpy version with OpenBLAS takes about 7 seconds and all the other versions about 14 seconds.

Marco