Re: help needed to tag (x)failing tests with bug numbers

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: help needed to tag (x)failing tests with bug numbers
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 16:47:23 +0200

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 01:45:34PM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> Existing tests that begin to fail are
> usually noticed fairly quickly so I'm not too worried that the messages
> point to old bug reports.

But you potentially converge different information into one flagging
mechanism (original bug report and 'there is a current bug report')
... If I see the message 'statelessly', I can't say if the bug report
it points to is current or stale. But, as I understand it, it was your
intention that the message makes immediately clear that there already
is a current bug report. Keeping the 'x'test could perhaps resolve
this ambiguity, if it is only used for tests with a _current_ bug
report? This would mean, however, that flagged tests without 'x'
should print the message in a different way (may be 'original bug
report was: ...').

Olaf