4.2 Release Checklist

From: Rik
Subject: 4.2 Release Checklist
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:31:21 -0700

8/29/16

The release is approaching and next week we will try to make version 4.2
release candidate 1.

For any GSOC mentors/reviewers, this is the last week to review your
student's code and still have it included in the 4.2 release.  For everyone
else, feature freeze has happened and the work should now be devoted to
cleanup.  Bugs related to configuration and the build system have a high
priority now, although the first release candidate will flush out more of
these.

The actual checklist is here (http://wiki.octave.org/4.2.0_Release_Checklist).

One activity outstanding is to run 'lint' checkers on the code base.
Previously we've used cppcheck and clang sanitize.  We are asking for a
volunteer(s) to do that for the code base and post a bug report to Savannah
with the results.

We've had updates for several of the language translation files, but are
still missing Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Portugese, and Russian.  It may be
necessary to e-mail the listed translators or attempt to find someone new
to take over a particular language file.

Happy Bug Squashing,
The Octave Maintainers