Re: Buildbot

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Buildbot
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 10:15:02 -0400

On 09/01/2016 04:01 AM, c. wrote:

I don't know much about buildbot but it would be great if we could try to
install this on the machine at EPFL.
From what I can see here [1] buildbot is easily run on OSX, but I guess we'll
need to enable web sharing, would
that be feasible under EPFL rules?

The system running the slave builder does not have to have a public IP address. The system I'm using for the current set of builds is on my private 192.168.1.xxx network behind my router. As I understand it, the slave builders contact the master (public IP address/name buildbot.octave.org) to set up the connection. Then the master sends the slave commands to run.

JWE, did you already enable your access to the development Mac at EPFL?

No.