Re: Buildbot

From: Simone Deparis
Subject: Re: Buildbot
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 16:26:53 +0200

On 01/09/16 16:15, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 09/01/2016 04:01 AM, c. wrote:

I don't know much about buildbot but it would be great if we could try
to install this on the machine at EPFL.
From what I can see here [1] buildbot is easily run on OSX, but I
guess we'll need to enable web sharing, would
that be feasible under EPFL rules?

The system running the slave builder does not have to have a public IP
address.  The system I'm using for the current set of builds is on my
private 192.168.1.xxx network behind my router.  As I understand it, the
slave builders contact the master (public IP address/name
buildbot.octave.org) to set up the connection.  Then the master sends
the slave commands to run.

That's simpler, since I do not have to ask for changing the firewall of EPFL.

JWE, did you already enable your access to the development Mac at EPFL?

No.

As I said when I bought the MacMini, I need your public key, then I'll set up the user.

Best
Simone

  Simone Deparis, PhD, MER
  Deputy Director SMA