Re: [mxe-octave] openssl is depndency of qt (both cross and native) (was

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [mxe-octave] openssl is depndency of qt (both cross and native) (was Re: [mxe-octave] openssl for linux native build )
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 18:21:15 -0400

On 09/06/2016 02:25 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

Qt is a huge framework; my guess is that OpenSSL is used to build Qt,
possibly to enable some options, but that Octave is not linked with
OpenSSL.

For example, the Debian Qt 5 packages are built with libssl-dev, but the
resulting Qt shared libraries do not link with libssl at all.

However, to be safe, Qt can be built with a -no-openssl option, someone
could test this in mxe-octave and ensure that everything still works.

I tried it and it seems to work. I also disabled openssl in a few other places. I'll commit a patch after I've had a chance to run the Octave test suite.