Re: Test failure with gsl package / help needed

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Test failure with gsl package / help needed
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 08:37:50 +0900 (JST)

>> [...SNIP...] configure: WARNING: Some GSL special functions are missing:

>  legendre_Plm_array l
> egendre_Plm_deriv_array legendre_sphPlm_array legendre_sphPlm_deriv_array
>> I am a little surprised here.  I use GSL 2.1 too, and these
>     functions are available...
>

> Hmmm! I also see the same WARNING in ubuntu with gsl-2.1 in my system.
> Perhaps my generation of gsl-2.1 has a problem.

I googled by keywords "legendre_sphPlm_array gsl-2.1" and found the page.

http://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/gsl/versions/2.1-1/topics/gsl-deprecated

Functions are not detected in my gsl package build are deprecated in gsl-2.1.
Please consider to use new functions written in that page for gsl-2.1.

Tatsuro