Re: Test failure with gsl package / help needed

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Test failure with gsl package / help needed
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 10:34:38 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> To: address@hidden; Julien Bect "octave-maintainers
> Date: 2016/9/14, Wed 08:37
> Subject: Re: Test failure with gsl package / help needed
>
>>>  [...SNIP...] configure: WARNING: Some GSL special functions are
> missing:
>
>>   legendre_Plm_array l
>>  egendre_Plm_deriv_array legendre_sphPlm_array legendre_sphPlm_deriv_array
>>>  I am a little surprised here.  I use GSL 2.1 too, and these
>>      functions are available...
>>

>>  Hmmm! I also see the same WARNING in ubuntu with gsl-2.1 in my system.
>>  Perhaps my generation of gsl-2.1 has a problem.
>>

> I googled by keywords "legendre_sphPlm_array gsl-2.1" and found the
> page.
>
> http://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/gsl/versions/2.1-1/topics/gsl-deprecated
>

> Functions are not detected in my gsl package build are deprecated in gsl-2.1.
> Please consider to use new functions written in that page for gsl-2.1.
>
> Tatsuro

In the gsl manual
https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Associated-Legendre-Polynomials-and-Spherical-Harmonics.html#Associated-Legendre-Polynomials-and-Spherical-Harmonics

Function: int gsl_sf_legendre_sphPlm_array (int lmax, int m, double x, double
result_array[])
Function: int gsl_sf_legendre_sphPlm_deriv_array (int lmax, int m, double x,
double result_array[], double result_deriv_array[])
These functions are now deprecated and will be removed in a future release; see
gsl_sf_legendre_array and gsl_sf_legendre_deriv_array.

Tatsuro